How To Choose Children’s Clothes And Shoes Online
How to choose children’s clothes and shoes online? Buying clothes and shoes for children in online stores is convenient: no need to waste time on long walks with your baby, who is attracted to everything, you can calmly choose what you really like, compare prices, and the possibility of delivery to the door simplifies the process. How to buy baby things online so that the purchase does not disappoint you or the child? Consider the basic rules of “children’s” online shopping.
How can I choose a child’s shoes
Shoes for a child’s unformed feet must be chosen particularly carefully. If it is too loose, the child will fall, if it is too tight – can not walk. So you need to measure centimeters, based not on a given size, but on the length of the insole.
Put your baby’s foot on the paper, press lightly to imitate a step with your weight, and circle the trace. The length of the distance from the big toe to the heel is the size of the child’s foot.
Choose natural materials: leather, wool, felt, felt provide good air circulation and water resistance. The footbed is the most important point of choice, because it is at an early age you can avoid the problem of developing flat feet. It is better if the sole is light to bend and not cause discomfort when walking. The heel should be firm because its task is to hold the foot firmly. It is also important that the shoes or sneakers for the baby weighs little.
Pay attention to the toe of the product. Children’s toes should be in the free space, so pay attention to the inner edge of the shoe, the natural position of the big toe is the key to a healthy walk.
Children’s clothing and its requirements
Typically, children’s clothing is divided into several groups: toddler age, preschool and school. Each has its own requirements.
The first group is the period from newborn to 3 years. At this age, the young body has not yet acquired full-fledged thermoregulation skills, which are formed only by 3 years. Therefore, it is important not to overheat the child. You should not wear narrow clothes on your baby – this can lead to chest deformities. The fabric should be natural. Knitwear, cotton and flannel are ideal. Ease of dressing and the quality of fittings are also important.
The second group is a mobile age of children before school. Preschoolers play, run, sit down, fall. Clothing must comply with such an active period: be strong, free, do not restrict movement. Requirements for the fabric remain the same, but acceptable the presence of synthetic fibers, which give things moisture resistance and other important properties that are not available 100% cotton or linen.
The third group – the age at which the child goes to school. When choosing clothes for school, keep in mind that children wear school uniform for 6 hours straight. Therefore, it should be comfortable, not crumple, to wick away moisture well, to withstand numerous washings. There are standards for the presence of synthetic fibers in the fabric for schoolchildren: for knitted fabric allowable percentage of kapron thread – 18, for hosiery – no more than 30.
Criteria for choosing children’s clothing
Clothes for a child should be safe. Trust brands that specialize in the production of children’s clothing. This guarantees high quality tailoring and that the fabric will not cause allergies in your child.
- The thing should be the right size. A small margin of “growing out” is acceptable, but within reasonable limits.
- It is important durability of the material. Baby may change a day for several sets of clothes, so there will be many washings. For clothes to be happy for a long time, it must be of high quality.
- Forget about the rule “pink – for girls, blue – for boys. Many things (especially for babies) are equally suitable for babies of both sexes. This greatly expands the range of choice, and sometimes – and helps parents save money.
- Feel free to choose bright clothes: yes, to combine such things with each other is a little harder, but with them your baby’s closet will be juicy and beautiful. The main thing is that the fabric dyes must be safe.
- A child must like the way he is dressed. At a certain age, children begin to show character, choosing some things and rejecting others. Encourage individuality by allowing them to choose their own clothes, listen to their opinions. Peer approval and the opportunity to express themselves is a very important aspect of growing up that every child faces.
Sizing up your clothes
Different clothing manufacturers have different sizing guides. Some models have a wider silhouette, some have a narrower one. Hence – different proportions, lengths, totals. The concept of “undersize” is increasingly common in discussions. In addition, all children are different: they can outrun their peers in height, to be the owner of a high rise, wide feet, etc. Knowing about the peculiarities of the child’s physique, try on different things from the lines of different brands in advance.
- When choosing tops (dresses, shirts, sweaters) it is important to consider the chest circumference, waist, sleeve length.
- Pants and shorts are chosen by the volume of the hips and the height of fit.
- If the model is non-standard and you are not sure of the size, it is better to choose clothes with an elastic instead of a zipper at the waist or with elastic inserts, which will allow you to correct small errors in case of error.
The American grid divides children’s ages into three groups:
- Baby – clothes for babies: divided according to age into 0m (0 months), 3m (3 months), 6m (6 months) and so on up to 2 years;
- Toddler – for kids 2 to 4 years old;
- Infant – clothes for kids from 5 years old and up to 18.
Standards in children’s sizes work, but not always. Everyone grows differently and has their own body features, so the right decision is to take a measurement of the child’s body parameters.
Height – length in centimeters from the head to the heels. Chest circumference is measured at the level of the shoulder blades and armpits. Waist circumference – at the free exhalation. Hip circumference is the line at the most protruding point of the buttocks. Sleeve length is measured from shoulder to wrist, through the elbow, slightly bending the arm. Back length – from the seventh vertebra to the waist (with the head tilted forward, this vertebra is clearly visible). Leg length – from the waist to the outer shin bone.
These simple rules will make buying children’s clothes and shoes in the online store easier and more comfortable. Enjoyable and productive shopping online is easy!